City of Prospect has been included in the Top 21 Intelligent Communities in the world by the Intelligent Community Forum (ICF). This is the seventh time Prospect has been included in Top 21 Communities list in the past nine years.
The award was announced in Rochester, New York on 22 October 2019. This year the top 21 Intelligent Communities were from 10 nations including Issy-les-Moulineaux, France and Rochester, New York. Prospect is one of three Australian cities on the list.
City of Prospect’s key achievements in the past 12 months have been:
- Establishing GigCity Adelaide in Prospect
- Prospect Fast WiFi public service
- Digital Marketing Campaign for Prospect Road
- Connected Cities project with four other councils.
The Top 21 Communities for 2019 are:
- Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
- Binh Duong Smart City, Vietnam
- Chiayi City, Taiwan
- Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil
- Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
- Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Hudson, Ohio, USA
- Issy-les-Moulineaux, France
- Leeds, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- Markham, Ontario, Canada
- Matsu, Taiwan
- Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
- Prospect, South Australia, Australia
- Rochester, New York, USA
- Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
- Tallinn, Estonia
- Wellington, New Zealand
- Westerville, Ohio, USA
- Whanganui, New Zealand
- Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
The Smart21 Communities are selected by ICF based on quantitative and qualitative data submitted to the Forum and developed by independent research, which is evaluated by a group of analysts led by former Cisco executive and Westchester County (New York) CIO, Dr. Norman Jacknis. The analysis is based on the ICF Method, which provides the conceptual framework for understanding the factors that determine a community’s competitiveness in economic, social and cultural terms.
For more information, click here.
The video below from the Intelligent Community Forum explains what this designation means to our community.